Monday, January 7, 2013

Cranky About Stephanie

I swear my friend Stephanie is trying trying to irritate me even more than usual. Background: when I first met Steph many years ago she was a sweet and innocent girl who was often shocked by foul language, suggestive movie content, and conservative politics. Those were good days - to amuse myself I said and did "shocking" things just to get a reaction from Stephanie. Sometimes I could get a startled reaction from her as many as 5X per day. Occasionally she could be found quietly weeping in a corner in response to a particularly dirty joke. 

I miss those days - such good times. Fast forward to today: I repeated my favorite dirty limerick and initiated a discussion about "adult toys that can be found online" and she didn't bat an eye. When I confronted her about her lack of shock and awe at my comments she said, and I quote, "Liz, at this point, the ONLY thing you could say that would truly shock me would be if you told me you were pregnant". I pondered this statement and reconsidered my entire will to live. I mean, really, what is the point of my existence if not to shock and/or embarrass Stephanie? It's like she is trying to kill my soul or something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment