Thursday, January 31, 2013

Random List of Things That Make Me Cranky

1. Slow Drivers (if you are driving more than 20 mph below speed limit you are slow)

2. Allergies (mine)

3. People who waste my time and/or being forced to spend time with people I don't like

4. The fact that my boot camp has made me so sore I can barely move

5. The crossing guard by the school near my house. Seriously, do you have to run out in traffic with your handheld stop sign (at a corner where there are already 3 stop signs) and wave your arms wildly so that drivers who are already stopped do not decide to rev up their engines and drive over people walking their dogs??  Yeah that's right, the crossing guard near my house doesn't restrict his overly enthusiastic job performance to the children who attend the school. He thinks we are so stupid that we won't stop at a stop sign that we have to stop at ALL THE TIME and will just run down pedestrians and dogs at will.  

6. Apple. Every time my iPhone needs an update it takes at least 20 minutes and half the time it deletes my Audible books and I have to re-download them. And you call yourselves a technology company.

7. Windows 8. I don't have Windows 8 but I fear buying a new computer in case I get saddled with this crazy and poorly reviewed version of Microsoft Office. Why do the people at Microsoft think I want to learn a new version of Word? I don't. I like the version I have.  No. More. Change.

8. Why is Senator Kerry our new Secretary of State? I can think of at least 5 reasons off the top of my head that he should have been laughed out of the room for even being nominated.

9. Fat calories. They are in everything. I am only supposed to eat 31 grams of fat per day if I want to lose weight. Do you know how hard it is to only eat 31 grams of fat? I love data and I love puzzles so trying to figure out how to ingest only 31 grams of fat while also eating 140grams of carbs and 140 grabs of protein is an interesting problem to solve. And no I don't want to drink nasty protein shakes. I want real food.  This makes me cranky just writing about it.

10. Those super sad ASPCA commercials. OMG I have to turn the channel every time these commercials come on TV or I will cry.  Where do they get footage of dirty homeless dogs and why are they filming them instead of scooping them up and rescuing them right then and there?  If I ran across an animal in those circumstances the last thing I would do would be to pull out a video camera.  For the record I donate $20 per month to the ASPCA and am passionate about animal rescue (all of our pets are rescues) but I cannot stand the sight of abused and neglected animals and wish they would take those commercials off the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment